Re: Importing .XLS

From: Joel <johowar1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 21:51:31 -0000

> Anyway they can be easily renamed.

[Quoted] Easily?!? I'm the one that faces hundreds of tables (data collection projects) that commonly have >20 columns! You do the math... Not only that, but there is a limitation on the maximum field name length. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe the name can't be longer than 30 chars. I really don't like having to go back to determine which field name is causing my create table statement to error out.

> The following procedure is **only** to determine such maxima. Then,
> you can use
> these value to substitute the default values in "Table setup" for the
> export to DBMS:

I want a tool that will do that for me.

Seriously, what century are we living in? Maybe I should be asking if anyone has the appropriate punch cards... Received on Thu Oct 04 2007 - 23:51:31 CEST

Original text of this message