Re: Importing .XLS

From: Joel <johowar1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 19:04:25 -0000

[Quoted] If I have a spreadsheet with "Column Headers" (which become field names in Oracle) such as "Wtd Avg Variable O & M Costs $/MWh" I'd like it to convert that to "Wtd_Avg_Variable_O_M_Costs_MWh". Any after determining the field type for a given field, why can't the tool go through the data and determine the length of each string in that field. Then determine the max string length for that field. Use that max as the length of the field. Use similar methods for numeric fields. Once these things have been done, all I need is the create table SQL statement... the rest is easy. Received on Thu Oct 04 2007 - 21:04:25 CEST

Original text of this message