Re: suggestions for good graphical DB query builder

From: <>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 04:42:52 -0700

On Sep 18, 10:37 pm, wrote:
> We're doing a product comparison for graphical query builders. Would
> appreciate
> your input on what you like (or don't).
> We're an Oracle shop, but we need connectivity w/ any ODBC compliant
> DB.
> Also need query result export options (esp Excel), pivot capability,
> printable results,
> Windows compliant.
> We don't need write capability, and if the tool has it, we need
> to be able to turn it off. DB Admin tools not needed.
> I've heard great things about AQT (Advanced Query Tool)... comments?

Do you need standalone program (1) or a component (2) to include into your application?
Should it be end-user oriented (1) or it will be used by programmers/ database architects (2)?
Each combination of these parameters requires a different tool. There are many tools for combination 1,2 (must be standalone program used by programmers). For example this one: For combination 2,2 you can use Active Query Builder already suggested here.
For 2,1 I can propose our component EasyQuery: Received on Tue Oct 02 2007 - 13:42:52 CEST

Original text of this message