Re: suggestions for good graphical DB query builder

From: pamela fluente <pamelafluente_at_libero.it>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 00:50:57 -0700

On 2 Ott, 02:38, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> pamela fluente wrote:
> > Dear Daniel ,
>
> > The point is that it can do whatever Oracle can do just because it's
> > letting Oracle do it! :-)
>
> That is not true. Marketing hyperbole but not true. If you think
> otherwise than I would like to see a screenshot of the part of the
> GUI that provides the functionality to do this:
>
> CREATE TABLE fpd (
> dec_num NUMBER(10,2),
> bin_double BINARY_DOUBLE,
> bin_float BINARY_FLOAT);
>
> INSERT INTO fpd VALUES (0, 'NaN', 'NaN');
> COMMIT;
>
> SELECT * FROM fpd;
>
> SELECT bin_double, NANVL(bin_double, 0)
> FROM fpd;
>
> Show me the GUI making available NANVL.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington

Dear Daniel,

You can make all the examples you wish. We can do it all.

[Quoted] In the casa of DataTime, for instance, the user can **always** input anything manually.
So you have no limit whatsoever. You are free to write anything. The purpose of these program is just to provide a wrapper to do all these things, aiming to reporting, in an easier way.

As you can see in the designer there is a specific step for manual input.
Not to mention that you can in any case use any script of yours or stored
procedures.

-P Received on Tue Oct 02 2007 - 09:50:57 CEST

Original text of this message