Re: Oracle DS 10g connection to DB

From: Frank van Bortel <>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 20:28:23 +0200

Peter BUSS wrote:
> Hallo,
> I just made myself a Windows Vista Home Premium PC, installed Oracle DS
> 10g (newest version) and I am unable to connect to the Oracle 10g
> ( on my Linux server.
> C:\Users\Peter>sqlplus hr/hr

That would be a local connection - as you have no instance locally, the

> ORA-12560: TNS: Fehler bei Protokolladapter -- Error
is only natural.

> C:\Users\Peter>sqlplus /nolog
> SQL*Plus: Release - Production on Do Sep 20 22:07:03 2007
> Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.
> SQL> connect hr_at_skier3

Now - that's a remote connection. Hopefully, you have an Oracle client install, that has a tnsnames.ora file, containing this "skier3" as an alias, that points to your linux machine.

> Kennwort eingeben:
> ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
> ORA-02248: invalid option for ALTER SESSION

Hmmm - looks like you have an odd environment setting; perhaps language or character set?
- --
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (MingW32)

iD8DBQFG9V7HLw8L4IAs830RArMsAJ9dknJMJ3ZzNFxCuPBZVq2qn17tYgCgi8p7 KTzB7O4ehr422g04lt+Rm4s=
-----END PGP SIGNATURE----- Received on Sat Sep 22 2007 - 20:28:23 CEST

Original text of this message