Re: Poplist size

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 14:58:53 -0500

papalphaus_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> I am dynamically populating a poplist with a query based upon
> username. Is there a limit (quantity or memory) on how big the
> poplist can be? If it is, is it a parameter that can be modified at
> the server or some other level?

That limit (if it exists) is in your application server, not Oracle. Oracle will returns millions and millions of rows for the query if the query warrants it. The better question is, can my application server handle this and does my development platform handle this? In any case, that is not an Oracle question so another forum might be better suited for you.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net