Re: Single-Sign-On to Oracle XE using ADS

From: Jim Smith <>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 22:50:14 +0100

In message <>, writes
>Hello all,
>with our to be developed .NET-App we want to use single sign on with
>an Oracle XE DB. We don't want to use OID, maybe only for passthrough,
>because there is an enterprise-wide MS Active Directory which is the
>master of all ;-)
>Has anybody experiences how could we accomplish a real single-sign-on
>with Oracle XE or tips or links to papers or anything which could
>The Oracle XE DB will run under Windows (2003/ XP).

Integration with active directory is part of the Advanced Security Option which is only available as part of enterprise edition.

You could use externally identified accounts ("create user x identified externally"), although using this with windows domain accounts kind of implies Advanced Security Option
< a.html>

Jim Smith
Ponder Stibbons Limited <>
RSS <>