Re: Where's ODP.NET ?

From: Knickerless Parsons <knickerlessparsons_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 08:42:48 -0000

[Quoted] On 26 Jun, 16:37, gpost <pacopost..._at_post.t-com.hr> wrote:
> Knickerless Parsons <knickerlesspars..._at_googlemail.com> wrote innews:1182870578.418150.112180_at_o61g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:
>
> > Hello all,
> > I'm a former oracle developer branching out into .NET.
>
> > ODP.NET has been recommended to me as alternative to ADO to make
> > connections to my oracle databases from my .NET front end/business
> > logic layer.
>
> > I've searched oracle.com for ODP.NET and all I'm getting back is ODAC
> > (Oracle Data Access Components).
>
> > Should I assume that ODP.NET has now become ODAC?
>
> > Many thanks,
> > Dave.
>
> Hy,
>
> tryhttp://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/windows/odpnet/index.html
>
> Paco

Paco,
Thanks for your help.

The link you provided takes me to the ODP page but from there on in everything seems to be called ODAC, there's no mention of ODP.

I selected the 3rd link down (not the beta or the 64 bit edition) and ended up here:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odpnet/index.html

Try ctrl+f and look for odp!!!!!! It only appears in the URL.

Looks to me like they've changed the name just to confuse everyone and make a bit of money by holding ODP to ODAC courses! Received on Wed Jun 27 2007 - 10:42:48 CEST

Original text of this message