Re: erro on FORMS 12154 TNS could not resolve service name

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 14 Mar 2007 06:44:12 -0700

On Mar 14, 7:29 am, "sybrandb" <sybra..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 14, 11:13 am, "mnemonic" <mnemoni..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi
> > This has passed many times in forums but all solutions dont apply to
> > my situation
>
> > forms is on a UNIX box
>
> > when try to connect to the db in which the forms are compiled i get
> > the tns error.
> > On the UNIX IAS box I can logon to the db ( on another UNIX box ) and
> > tnsping goes well
> > on my pc the same
> > I have one ORACLE_HOME and 1 TNS_ADMIN.
> > To test, I tried another database and this went ok
>
> > Are there any other options I can try?
>
> > regards
>
> > Michel
>
> Read the troubleshooting chapter in the Net administrators manual and/
> or the solutions provided here.
> I am quite sure you are not unique, and all the possible causes for
> this error are known.
> You just should look better and stop assuming no solution applies to
> your case.
> Apart from that the crystal balls here have long been broken by
> helping out people refusing to read the docs, and your post is
> purposively vague. Read your own post: one can not even make up how
> many systems are involved and from which box you are connecting to the
> database and which box fails. Are you sure your setup is correct?
> Also you simply can't have 1 Oracle home and 1 TNS_ADMIN as multiple
> boxes are involved.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA- Hide quoted text -

Have you looked at the tnsnames.ora file on the box where you have an issue. The tns entry for the same database may use a different alias or may use a SID or service connection instead of which ever you are using.

The Oranet trace facility Sybrand mentioned is you next step otherwise.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Mar 14 2007 - 14:44:12 CET

Original text of this message