Re: erro on FORMS 12154 TNS could not resolve service name

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 14 Mar 2007 04:29:52 -0700

[Quoted] On Mar 14, 11:13 am, "mnemonic" <mnemoni..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> This has passed many times in forums but all solutions dont apply to
> my situation
>
> forms is on a UNIX box
>
> when try to connect to the db in which the forms are compiled i get
> the tns error.
> On the UNIX IAS box I can logon to the db ( on another UNIX box ) and
> tnsping goes well
> on my pc the same
> I have one ORACLE_HOME and 1 TNS_ADMIN.
> To test, I tried another database and this went ok
>
> Are there any other options I can try?
>
> regards
>
> Michel

Read the troubleshooting chapter in the Net administrators manual and/ or the solutions provided here.
I am quite sure you are not unique, and all the possible causes for this error are known.
You just should look better and stop assuming no solution applies to your case.
Apart from that the crystal balls here have long been broken by helping out people refusing to read the docs, and your post is purposively vague. Read your own post: one can not even make up how many systems are involved and from which box you are connecting to the database and which box fails. Are you sure your setup is correct? Also you simply can't have 1 Oracle home and 1 TNS_ADMIN as multiple boxes are involved.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA