Re: Sorting in drop down list

From: jccs05 <jccs05_at_gmail.com>
Date: 1 Dec 2006 11:34:24 -0800

I have figured out the sorting problem which turned out to be straightforward.

You mentioned that it should auto complete/detect by default....

In Forms 6i, it behaves somewhat like it should.

For example if you had a list in a drop down box consisting of [apple, banana, orange], in 6i, if you typed in 'ba' and hit the drop down arrow, it would automatically highlight and choose 'banana'.

In 10g, if you typed in 'ba', and hit the drop down arrow, it wouldn't highlight anything. Instead you'd have to type in the complete word 'banana' in order for it to highlight 'banana'. Any ideas as to why this is? If it should detect by default, I'm not sure why it isn't...

Thanks in advance