JDBC DB Connection with Eclipse 3.2 and Oracle 10g Express

From: dshitzu <wgblackmon_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Nov 2006 10:31:02 -0800

Hi,
[Quoted] I'm trying to connect to a newly downloaded and installed Oracle 10g Express database via MyEclipse. I need to define a connection URL. The name of the database I want to connect
to is 'HR' (the sample that comes with the installation). The username is 'SYSTEM' and the password is 'wgb1454'. I'm assuming the driver is a 'thin' driver (see the URL below). The driver's package is oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver found in the ojdbc14.jar.

jdbc:oracle:thin_at_//localhost:1521:HR,SYSTEM,wgb1454

I'm also unable to connect via port 8080. The database is up and running. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Received on Fri Nov 10 2006 - 19:31:02 CET

Original text of this message