Manipulating a ref cursor

From: cherl <cbeaudin_at_amerisure.com>
Date: 2 Nov 2006 10:27:05 -0800

I have a stored procedure that returns a ref cursor. The examples I've seen of ref cursor's always have the stored procedure that hold the ref cursor open it and then pass it back for the other procedure to fetch the data.
The question i have is this. Is there a way to manipulate that cursor once it's been opened? So for instance
the following code

tsql := Select * from account_holder';
open iocsr_acct_hldr for tsql;
return iocsr_acct_hldr for tsql:

In the calling program would I be able to fetch just for specific account holders?
Could I do a sum on an amount field in the table etc? If so any idea where I can find some sample code?

I know i could just change tsql and add a where clause but i'm trying to make one procedure that multiple people can use based on their own requirements.
Thanks Received on Thu Nov 02 2006 - 19:27:05 CET

Original text of this message