Replication performance - how to measure it ?

From: <mjan_at_interia.pl>
Date: 24 Aug 2006 06:17:40 -0700

Hello,

[Quoted] [Quoted] could you please advice on how to measure replication performance [Quoted] in Oracle, DB2 & MS SQL Server RDBMS installed in Windows servers ? I've got two servers with databases installed and configured, I prepared set of data using DBGEN from TPC and I already imported them into databases.Also, I configured the replication. Now I have to do a test with a few kind of replications method implemented in these RDMBS, but I don't know which tool or reports or "v$iews" should I use to measure replication performance. The replication is configured only between the same RDBMS, I mean Oracle <-> Oracle, DB2 <-> DB2 and MSSQL<-> MSSQL. Most of applications are great for checking performance of local DB, not for replicated/distributed.
I've found description of CA Unicenter Database Performance Management for distributed RDMBS, and I think it could be the right one, but I can't find any demo or trial version :(
Could you please advice any place to download it, or other application, script, description, just whatever.
Perhaps just any other idea how to check the replication mechanism efficiency ?

Regards,
Mark Received on Thu Aug 24 2006 - 15:17:40 CEST

Original text of this message