Re: Cascade Update Trigger Problems

From: <dleenhouts_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Aug 2006 13:06:29 -0700

[Quoted] My apologies, this is my first time posting. Maybe the folks at Google can switch the default for replying...

[Quoted] I've got a whole lot of constraints (upwards of 70 or 80 child tables), & roughly 40 or 50 sets of companies to merge, so I really don't want to write a separate update line for every child table. Would creating a trigger be helpful in updating those? Then I can do individual update commands like

update company set companykey = 1 where company key in (2, 3, 4);

for each set of companies, & then the trigger will update all the child tables? Received on Mon Aug 07 2006 - 22:06:29 CEST

Original text of this message