Re: Designer 10g/XE - Repository Installation fails at CKSYSFOL

From: Michelle <rr_at_somewhere.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 18:05:57 +0200

> To grant the privileges simply connect via commandline sqlplus as sysdba:
> SQL>connect / as sysdba
> SQL>grant execute on utl_file to <YOUR REPOSITORY OWNER>;
>
> Whether you should rebuild the repository, i can't tell you - i never
> hitted this problem before. Maybe , if you recompile invalid objects ,
> things are ok, but i personally would prefer to rebuild it from scratch...

:-) That's what i did !
I found the grant command, used the "View Objects" tool to mark invalid objects to reload, and recompiled the invalid packages. When I closed the tool, The RAU poped up it detected "reloads" and it seemed ok.

But now I'm trying to add a Repository User, and I get another error:

ORA-01919: Role 'CKR_REPOS_MANAGER' does not exist. ORA-06512: at "REPOS_MANAGER.JR_SYS_PRIVS", ligne 236

but the role is indeed present in SYS.dba_roles

... ok, that's just for info. I think I'll follow your suggestion and rebuild.

--
Thanks again.

Michelle