Re: Designer 10g/XE - Repository Installation fails at CKSYSFOL

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_arcor.de>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 17:26:41 +0200

Michelle schrieb:
> Maxim Demenko a écrit :
>

>> In the thread you cited the problem was missed grant on sys.utl_file
>> to repository owner (it claims also , it is not documented to have
>> this grant). After grant was issued problem is gone. Maybe it helps.
>> I can good imagine this can be your issue, because in XE  utl_file is
>> not more granted to public.
>>

> Thanks Maxim for your quick and useful answer.
>
> Since my post, I tried to skip the failing stage, and ...
> the rest ran fine ! I then exported a backup.
> The "View Objects" utility shows no missing, but 2 invalid
> objects: JR_REG_IO & RMDBG package bodies.
> Maybe I don't need to rebuild all repository ?
>
> I'm new to Oracle so forgive me for silly questions ...
> I didn't find yet how to grant the missing privilege.
> still searching ...
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Michelle

[Quoted] To grant the privileges simply connect via commandline sqlplus as sysdba: SQL>connect / as sysdba
SQL>grant execute on utl_file to <YOUR REPOSITORY OWNER>;

Whether you should rebuild the repository, i can't tell you - i never hitted this problem before. Maybe , if you recompile invalid objects , things are ok, but i personally would prefer to rebuild it from scratch...

Best regards

Maxim Received on Tue Jun 06 2006 - 17:26:41 CEST

Original text of this message