Re: Help!!!!

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 13:27:36 GMT

Wallace wrote:
> Hai All,
>
> Can anyone tell the query for accessing a table of user1 from user2
> in OracleXE ?
>
> i.e From user2 I want select certain rows of table1 of user1.
>
> Looking forward for the response...
> Thanx in advance...

Use the "schema-dot" notation. That means you prepend the table name with the schema and a dot similar to the following:

SELECT * FROM user1.table_name;

USER2 must have been given privileges to select from USER1's table. Which means as USER2, you'd have to do the following:

GRANT select ON table_name TO user1;

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net
http://www.peasland.net

[Quoted] Remove the "nospam." from the email address to email me.