Re: Oracle Report question

From: Fred van Nimwegen <fred.vannimwegen_at_wanadoo.nl>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 22:15:21 +0200

"Brian Peasland" <oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net> schreef in bericht news:IxoCy0.8Eu_at_igsrsparc2.er.usgs.gov...
>> I know the format. But the problem is the 'st' in March 31st, 2006
>> should appear a little up and in smaller font like in real superscript
>> notation. If you try typing the same thing in MSWord, you'll know what
>> I mean.
>
> Apparently, I did not read your question fully to understand your
> requirements....sorry.
>
> Oracle does not provide any functionality to superscript or subscript
> output. That would be the responsibility of the application. So you were
> definitely on the right track in looking for a solution within the
> development platform.
>
> Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable of Oracle Reports can answer your
> question, as I cannot.
>
> Thanks,
> stbrina
>

> --
>
> Brian Peasland
> oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net
> http://www.peasland.net
>
> Remove the "nospam." from the email address to email me.
>

> "I can give it to you cheap, quick, and good.
> Now pick two out of the three" - Unknown

use 3 fields in your report
first: TO_CHAR(sysdate,'Month DD' ) second SUBSTR(TO_CHAR(sysdate,'DDTH'),3) third TO_CHAR(sysdate,',YYYY')

for the second field you can use a font with superscript Received on Tue May 16 2006 - 22:15:21 CEST

Original text of this message