Re: JInitiator 1.1.8.19 Fails

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 3 Apr 2006 22:35:55 -0800

James (jhanway_at_ns.sympatico.ca) wrote:
: Hi,

: I am attempting to get JInitiator 1.1.8.19 to install on a number of
: machines (XP & 2K) after which users attempted to uninstall it without
: admin rights.

: When I attempt the reinstall, the program just seems to die just prior
: to asking where to install to.

: Any suggestions would be welcome.

How about that, I installed 9i and JInitiator 1.1.8 recently and had odd problems afterwards when I tried to go back to 10G.

I found I had an environment variable CLASS_PATH set in the registry that I didn't recall having before, and I removed it and that solved some problems with some of the tools.

I visited one of our applications and it forced an install of a more recent version of JInitiator and that install fixed the rest of my problems.

Obviously you can't visit my application, but the point is that the install of the more recent version of JInitiator seemed to clean everything up nicely after the mess left by 1.1.8. Received on Tue Apr 04 2006 - 08:35:55 CEST

Original text of this message