Re: JInitiator 1.1.8.19 Fails

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 6 Apr 2006 11:37:34 -0800

frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com (frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com) wrote:

: James schreef:

: > Hi,
: >
: > I am attempting to get JInitiator 1.1.8.19 to install on a number of
: > machines (XP & 2K) after which users attempted to uninstall it without
: > admin rights.
: >

: You probably need admin rights anyway, at least locally. : But why this odd, old version?

[Quoted] [Quoted] Perhaps he's trying to restore functionality that is lost in the new versions.

For example we have two versions of an application running, both are forms apps using Jinitiator, oc4j, web server etc, but the old version maximizes its child windows differently and the users prefer that aspect of the old application.

Not everything new is an improvement. Received on Thu Apr 06 2006 - 21:37:34 CEST

Original text of this message