Re: Intermittent SQLNET errors

From: <yoram.ayalon_at_structuredweb.com>
Date: 3 Apr 2006 12:55:30 -0700

[Quoted] You mention App Servers, ODBC, SQLNET, BEQ.

How precisely are the clients connecting?

clients are either CFM or ASP pages that are connecting using Microsoft ADO, which in itself uses ODBC drivers. We are using both MS ODBC for Oracle and Oracle ODBC drivers. the trace does not tell us which drivers are responsible for the errors.

all connection are to the database server which resides on a local network, all connections as defined in tnsnames.ora are TCP. all host resolutions are using HOSTS file

this is why the BEQ protocol you see in the sqlnet.log file is a mystery. as I said, I happened on an old post that stated the same: they were using only TCP connections, but saw these errors in sqlnet.log

DB server uses dedicated server technology, version 9.2.0.5

do you want me to post the trace files? these are VERY large, and I said before I see no error message at all. all I "see" is a break of between few seconds to almost a minute in which there is no recorded activity, as opposed to normal which is ~2500 lines/second (trace level 6). these breaks match the time at which the web server is not responsive Received on Mon Apr 03 2006 - 21:55:30 CEST

Original text of this message