Re: Q: Using Ant for Installation of Oracle SQL..

From: Arto Viitanen <arto.viitanen_at_csc.fi>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 10:31:18 +0200

ianal Vista wrote:
> "Verner Jensen, Ålborg" <knold_at_x.dk> wrote in
>

>> Howdy!
>>
>> Wondering if it's possible to use Ant for compiling an Oracle SQL
>> script?
>>

> One does NOT compile SQL and does not compile PL/SQL.
> Is this a case of having a tool any looking for a way to use it?

One does indeed compile PL/SQL. If not, what does command

ALTER PROCEDURE hr.remove_emp COMPILE;

then do? (From
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b10759/statements_2006.htm#sthref3154 )

I guess Verner meant running "CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE" type script ?

And no, I do not know this. But I bet there are some Java programs that do it, and you can call them from Ant.

--
Arto Viitanen, CSC Ltd.
Espoo, Finland