Re: Strange behaviour calling stored procedure from Pro*C

From: william <ewilliam_at_singnet.com>
Date: 16 Feb 2006 05:42:57 -0800

[Quoted] Thanks for the advise. the MERGE does fix the problem with the missing records in the loading. Actually, the stored procedure to INSERT/UPDATE the summary table was from Oracle7. now we migrated our application to use 10g...

Now, I find that there is a performance problem. When MERGING my temporary table (create global temp t1 .. on commit delete rows) to my partitioned summary table, loading is extremely slow. can i index my temp table? my partitioned summary table is around 8 million records.. how can I improve the performance of merging 15000 (records created hourly) to my 8 Million records partitioned by day? What are the things I should look at to improve the loading? The usual loading takes less than 1 minute ... now it seems that it is running forever.

the file that I am loading is a binary file and needs derivation and computation before loading so the externable table will not be apropriate for this.

--
Thanks again... greatly appreciate you help.