Re: g

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 05:59:37 -0500

"zafri1936" <zafri1936_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1139812274.595173.183930_at_g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
: As you saw that in When button press trigger, I am using TEXT_IO in
: order to prepare
: O/S text files and in the same time these scripts run via host command
: in order to
: populate the table.
:
: But some people on that forum recommend that instead of using host
: command use FORM_DDL and EXEC_SQL to populate the table.
: But as you saw my code, it performs several task, first it makes the
: script file then run this script.
:
: If I use FORM_DDL how should I run the SQL Script via FORM_DDL which
: was created by TEXT_IO.
:
: And also how should we overcome the connection problem of forms 6i
: plus80.exe to Oracle 10G Database.
:
: I will appreciate if someone gives me the example.
:
: Thanks
:
: Zafri
:

ok, it sounds like you're creating a script and executing a host commnad because you can't get forms6i to connect to 10g, am i correct?

can you upgraded to a version of forms compatible with 10g?

can you create a database link to the 10g database from the database forms6i can connect to?

++ mcs Received on Mon Feb 13 2006 - 11:59:37 CET

Original text of this message