Listener Question with 10g install

From: <art_at_chicagorsvp.com>
Date: 9 Feb 2006 06:57:00 -0800

Hi Everyone,

We are trying this again since we have not gotten anywhere since yesterday.

We are upgrading from 9i to 10g. We are following the steps in the manual. We are a bit confused. The manual says the run the Network Configuration Assistant before running the Database Upgrade Assistant.

We already have a listener running for 9i. The manual says we need a different one for 10g. Since we are upgrading the database, the SID stays the same.

So, we are a bit lost on what to run, and how. Are we supposed to stop the 9i database and run a 10g listener? We are just not sure of what steps to take.

Anyone who has performed an upgrade like this, if you can offer us any assistance, it would be helpful........

Thank you Received on Thu Feb 09 2006 - 15:57:00 CET

Original text of this message