Re: Got error during compilation/run time of forms 6i?

From: Rob Zijlstra <rj.zijlstra_at_tiscali.nl>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:58:18 +0100

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:26:51 +0100, Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl> wrote:

>On 22 Jan 2006 01:48:41 -0800, behari_wolf_at_hotmail.com wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Due to our requirement our application still running on forms 6i and 8i
>>database.
>>But we only want to upgrade our database from 8i to 10 G.
>>
>>Yesterday during testing when we run one of our form 6i application on
>>oracle 10G database the forms 6i got some compliation error/ runtime
>>error. I dont why it occured.
>>
>>Is forms 6i not compatible with database 10 G. Because our same forms
>>6i application running fine on 8i?
>>Please let me inform what I will do in this regard in order to run
>>forms 6i application on 10G.
>>
>>It is our requirement that we still go with forms 6i.
>>
>>Behari
>
>Forms 6i comes with the Oracle *8.0* client. You need to establish
>whether the 8.0 client is compatible with 10g.
>Likely it isn't.
>If you want to stick with the (desupported) Forms 6i (it is only
>supported in the context of Oracle Applications), you are stuck with
>the database too.

Sybrand,

I might be wrong, but I think oracle 10.2 and forms6i are 'guaranteed' by oracle if you have patch 17 on forms.

Just started testing this and as far as i can see ( after two days ) it gives no problems.

Regards,

Rob Zijlstra
Best Regards

Rob Zijlstra Received on Mon Jan 23 2006 - 21:58:18 CET

Original text of this message