Re: eweek story about Oracle's accuracy

From: DA Morgan <>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:40:20 -0800

The only misrepresentation I see is Gartner referring to what it does as research. Gartner's idea of "research" strikes me as hard to differentiate form that published by Dr Hwang Woo-suk of South Korea about "his cloning work."

And how is what Oracle did any different from IBM grabbing pieces of unrelated TPC tests and using them to fake up comparisons from totally unrelated testing? Not a wit.

If eWeek wishes respect they should rename their publication to MicrosoftWeek ... something I've been urging them to do for years.

Daniel A. Morgan
(replace x with u to respond)