Re: How to get the ddl of a table in forms?

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 14:05:40 GMT

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 02:01:12 -0800, mentor1936 wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
> If you want that some one can get benifit from your code, please resend
> it completely.
> I will appreaciate if you re send it completely rather than post it
> incompletely.
>
> John

Actually, the intended benefit was to give you an idea of how the SQL statement could be formed, if you insist on doing it the hard way. I assumed you were a good-enough coder to take it from that basic example.

I had no plan to fully reproduce something that I stopped using over 15 years, and 5 versions, ago. There are better solutions available these days (such as DBMS_METADATA.get_ddl) for those who are willing to maintain current versions of the database.

As others said - why reinvent the wheel?

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com