How to get the ddl of a table in forms?

From: mentor1936 <mentor1936_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Jan 2006 11:18:11 -0800

Hi,

[Quoted] This is my first posting to this forum.

I am using forms 6i and 9i database for testing purpose on windows O/S.

I want to develop a small form application for getting the structure of any table in a particular schema.

My Application will be based on the following scenario:

In order to achieve what I am wanting, I am planning to use two display screens in a form's block with a ddl button.

    For Example After populating all the tables of Scott's schema in screen no: 1, I highlight the Scott's EMP table then I click the ddl button in order to get the ddl of that table in a screen no: 2.

In this regard I like to ask the following:

  1. What is the sql/technique for getting the ddl of any table in the database? [Quoted]
  2. How should the table name of a particular schema display in a screen no: 1 so when the control goes to any table in a screen no: 1, the ddl of that table will be displayed after pressing the ddl button? [Quoted]
  3. What technique I adopt and how should I implement it in forms in order to display the ddl of a table in forms screen no: 2 when I click the ddl Button?

[Quoted] Please give me your ideas and suggestion in order to accomplish what I am wanting.

Related codes will also be helpful form me.

May GOD bring this year with full of happiness to those people who will assist me regarding my task.

John Received on Thu Jan 19 2006 - 20:18:11 CET

Original text of this message