Re: pro*c

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:55:08 +0100

sac wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i have a simple pro*c program(i have pro*c installed , oracle ver 9,
> dont have c application installed)..could anyone tell me how to run
> that..like i can run that in pro*c which show green check mark in front
> of it ..NOW WHAT TO DO AFTER THAT ..I DONT KNOW ...please help

Please ask yourself whether it's really worth the bother to use pro*c in a C/C++ applicaiton on windows. And if the answer is simply "what else is there" then don't.
Oracle has a nice ActiveX control that can be used from any number of programming or scripting languages, including C/C++/VB/VBScript/JScript/Perl/Tcl and whatever else is there. It's fast too, apart from object management, but I very much doubt that pro*c can help you there either.

Also what is a "c application"?
And who is responsible for your oracle database? Your DBA could probably help you too.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Wed Jan 11 2006 - 11:55:08 CET

Original text of this message