Re: VB Oracle Exe Application Requirements

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 23:13:11 +0100

On 6 Jan 2006 13:57:13 -0800, "OracleNewbie" <rhythmram_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi Guys,
> We are in the process of developing a VB.NET exe application that
>connects to oracle database. I'm very new to development. I have few
>questions regarding the requirements for installing this VB.NET Oracle
>EXE application on a users machine.
>1. Do we have to install the oracle client on all the users machine for
>this VB.NET Oracle application to work??
>2. Or do we have to install any other software / drivers on the users
>machine to make this application work.
>
>For this application we are estimating around 100 users. And the
>company dont want to develop this application if it requires the Oracle
>Client should be installed on all 100 users computer. Please do give me
>the list of softwares / drivers that i need to install on the users
>machine for a VB.NET Oracle Application.
>
>Thanks

Refer to
http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/windows/odpnet/faq.html

Please *always* try to do some research yourself. Your posting history makes it clear the answer to almost all of your questions can be easily found by either searching http://otn.oracle.com and http://tahiti.oracle.com

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA