Re: Getting the Error in running the form 9i.

From: Marino Ljubic <mljubic_at_globalnet.hr>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 09:45:12 +0100

<wn_german_at_yahoo.co.in> wrote in message news:1136447036.510703.93850_at_o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com

> FRM-10142: The HTTP Listener is not running on Yahoo at port 8888.
> Please start the listener or check your runtime preferences.
>
> Here I like to mention that the listener of Oracle 10G database is
> already running on my machine and I am connecting successfully as a
> user SCOTT through the forms 9i, but got the above error when I try to
> run this form.
> I also like to say that earlier when I used forms 6i with Oracle 8i
> database, I was successfully run the simple EMP form on the same
> machine.

You haven't started OC4J instance. And change your AS URL from Yahoo (?!) to localhost. You should consider using Forms Builder Help more often... :-)

FRM-10142: HTTP Listener is not running on <IP Address> at port <Port Number>.

Cause: The HTTP listener is not started, or is listening on a different address or port number than specified in the Runtime preferences in Oracle Forms.

Action: Start the listener or check Runtime preferences in Oracle Forms. See About Run Form in the online help for more information. Received on Thu Jan 05 2006 - 09:45:12 CET

Original text of this message