Re: create databae link from 10g to 9i database

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 15:28:07 -0800

jeffchirco_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi I am trying to create a database link on a 10g server to connect to
> a 9i server. I can create one on a 9i database to connect to another
> 9i database and I can query a table fine and I get results. When I use
> the same script on the 10g database, the database link gets created,
> but when I try to query a table on the other database I get the error:
> ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified
>
> Is there something different in 10g?
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff

Lots of things ... but based on what you posted no help is possible.

Where is the DDL you used to create the link? Is there an entry in the tnsnames.ora file on your server? Is the name you used in the link correct? What is the value for the global_names init parameter?

But based on the 12154 ... I'd start with the tnsnames.ora entry

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org