create databae link from 10g to 9i database

From: <jeffchirco_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Jan 2006 10:23:10 -0800

[Quoted] [Quoted] Hi I am trying to create a database link on a 10g server to connect to a 9i server. I can create one on a 9i database to connect to another 9i database and I can query a table fine and I get results. When I use the same script on the 10g database, the database link gets created, but when I try to query a table on the other database I get the error: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

Is there something different in 10g?
Thanks.

Jeff Received on Wed Jan 04 2006 - 19:23:10 CET

Original text of this message