Re: Forms/Reports 6i

From: IANAL_VISTA <IANAL_Vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 15:21:17 GMT

"Scott" <Scott.Mattes_at_gmail.com> wrote in news:1135726032.869165.286080_at_z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> I am trying to get my Windows XP Pro system set up to run the 6i Forms
> and Reports on the Web (using the Apache server installed when I
> installed Forms/Reports).
>
> The forms6iconfig.txt file created during the install says that I need
> to configure some "virtual paths", but not where the file is to do
> that.
>
> The "Deploying Forms Applications to the Web" says "These virtual
> directories are specified in the 6iserver.conf file located in the

><ORACLE_HOME>/6iserver directory. ", but no file by that name, or any

> variation of that name, exists. As far as I can, searches of the docs
> turn up the same sentence (in 3 places if I recall correctly).
>
> The Windows Search turns up no files in either HOME that contains these
> virtual paths.
>
> What file, and where is it located, and what do the entries look like?
>
> Thank you.

[Quoted] [Quoted] With free advice you get what you paid for it. I am not really a Forms persons, but have supported Forms 5 ,6, 9, & 10. Forms 6 is client/server & does not (directly) support Webforms. Plus to support Webforms an Application Server is needed; AFAIK.

I am not convinced you can get there from here. Received on Fri Dec 30 2005 - 16:21:17 CET

Original text of this message