Re: Forms/Reports 6i

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 17:20:14 +0100

IANAL_VISTA wrote:

> With free advice you get what you paid for it.
> I am not really a Forms persons, but have supported Forms 5 ,6, 9, & 10.
> Forms 6 is client/server & does not (directly) support Webforms.
> Plus to support Webforms an Application Server is needed; AFAIK.
>
> I am not convinced you can get there from here.

You can, actually, get from here to there, when you get hold of a Forms6i CD.
The installer on it allows for client or server side Forms or Reports installations. What you want is the Forms Server install.

Still needs to be in another Oracle Home, but Apache can be used (assuming that's "here").

Problem is, these CD's are rare... because the stuff usually gets bundled with the Application Server, just as you indicated.
Which requires quite another install (the Enterprise Version of 2.4Gb!) alltogether!
I think this is the CD:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/htdocs/devlic.html?http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/forms/htdocs/winsoft.html

--
Regards,