using a variable as a "macro"

From: cumin <jkilbourne_at_gmail.com>
Date: 16 Dec 2005 07:34:21 -0800

[Quoted] [Quoted] Is there a way to access an environmental variable in sqlplus? A lot of [Quoted] the ad hoc queries I run have the phrase

and tty in ('IN','BN','SCD','SBD','SCDF','SBDF','SCDC','SBDC')

and I am too lazy to type that in so much. Is there a way to set and retrieve a string variable in sqlplus that will let mr put this string into numerous queries? I'd like the vairable to live in the databse, but if it needs to be an OS environent variable that's ok too.

Thanks Received on Fri Dec 16 2005 - 16:34:21 CET

Original text of this message