Programming Forms 6i on two machines

From: trobinson (at) anteon (dot) com <"trobinson>
Date: 16 Dec 2005 07:55:19 -0800

Hello,

[Quoted] I'm trying to be able to program the same forms group on two different machines, one at work and the other at home. I've got the database schema on both machines, only the one at work has access to the actual data. At this point I only need a token bit of data in three tables, so I've got that much. This is the same form that I'm having problems displaying the Excel spreadsheet in, BTW.

I'm getting an error in the form on my home machine that I don't get on my work machine:
ORA-06508 PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called The error happens on trying to close the DDE that's been open in loading the column names into a t-list.

This part of the code is for extracting column names into two different t-lists, one list from Excel and the other from a view in Oracle. The Excel names are displayed, then the code goes to Oracle to get the column names from the view. The names are returned into the cursor, the for-loop goes through the list population, but somewhere between finishing the list population and trying to close the DDE with Excel, I get the above error and nothing is displayed in the Oracle list box.

I realize this is a difference between machines, but I can't find any information except on the error above, and none of it relates to this problem.

Any advice is greatly welcomed, and TIA. Teresa Received on Fri Dec 16 2005 - 16:55:19 CET

Original text of this message