How to handle French accents in XML output using DBMS_XMLGEN and XML Publisher?

From: <kitty.ling_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Nov 2005 13:47:20 -0800

Hi,

I am using the DBMS_XMLGEN package and the GETXML() function to generate XML output for my queries. However, the results of these queries contain French accents. I have added the following line to my XML output:

This seems to allow me to display the French accents properly when I view the XML output through a browser, but I also need to apply an XSL template to the output using Oracle XML Publisher. When the XSL template is applied, it outputs two special characters instead. For example:
é is displayed as é

I have also included the ISO-8859-1 encoding in my XSL template. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Is it the way I pull the data using DBMS_XMLGEN or is it my XSL template that is causing the problem? I have also tried using the UTF-8 encoding but that doesn't seem to work even for my XML output without applying the template.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kitty Received on Sun Nov 20 2005 - 22:47:20 CET

Original text of this message