Re: How to createa nd display list elements for a combo box at runtime?

From: preeti <shwethanrao_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Nov 2005 15:06:32 -0800

Dear expert, thank you for your patience. Still I am not able to show the list elements in the combo box. I think I will explain all the steps I did so that you can tell me where I have done wrong.!!

  1. I created a canvas then created a list item(TRY) in the datablock(try_block) manually without using the data block wizard.
  2. In the when_new_form_instance trigger I have created the record group(r_area_record1), populated the group and also the list using above mentioned program block.
  3. Try to create lov using lov wizard. In the first page of the wizard, it asks if I have to create new record group or modify existing record group, I selected create new record group as it was not showing the ''r_area_record1'' in the existing record list. I don't know what I did here is right or wrong....
  4. For the new record group, assigned the list item(try_block.try).
  5. In the object navigator changed the name of the LOV to r_area_record1. Is it right??? Or do I have to give new name???
  6. added a command button to open the LOV display as mentioned in the guide to oracle 10g book. Page 373.

Compiled and ran the form but no elements are displayed in the list item. An I am getting this error "frm-41334 invalid record group for list population"
Please let me know where I went wrong.

Thank you for your help Received on Sat Nov 19 2005 - 00:06:32 CET

Original text of this message