Problem with Connection String & Data Direct!

From: Jamie M via DBMonster.com <forum_at_DBMonster.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 21:13:03 GMT

[Quoted] I am on a Windows system, trying to connect via the internet to an Oracle database with a Connection String. I have absolutely no experience with Oracle, and I have no problems with my SQL Server connection string.

This is the string I am using:

DRIVER=DataDirect 5.0 Oracle Wire Protocol; UID=user_name; PWD=password; HOST=host_name; PORT=port_num; SN=service_name

The error I am getting is this:

[DataDirect][ODBC Oracle Wire Protocol driver]Optional feature not
implemented.

This only happens when I try adding the SN or SID to my string. However, if I leave them out, I get THIS error:

[DataDirect][ODBC Oracle Wire Protocol driver]Insufficient information to
connect to the data source.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?? I read the Data Direct documentation, and it leads me to believe I need either the SID or the SN in the string, to identify the database I want to use, but it just doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions anyone has for me! -Jamie Received on Tue Sep 13 2005 - 23:13:03 CEST

Original text of this message