how to ignore "No Data Found" error during procedure.

From: <jeffchirco_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 May 2005 10:28:44 -0700

[Quoted] I am creating a procedure in Oracle 9i, and during my procedure I loop through a set of numbers (ie 1-10) and retrieve a number from tableA based on what number we are in the loop (tableA.dbid = 1). Say we get to number 10 but dbid value of 10 does not exist in tableA, then Oracle finds no data and stops the procedure and gives the error "No Data Found". Is there a way in oracle to assign the variable something if it come accross a No Data Found Error? Received on Wed May 11 2005 - 19:28:44 CEST

Original text of this message