Re: Question on Oracle Report

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 11 May 2005 09:36:00 -0800

Pat (pat_at_microsoft.com) wrote:
: Hi all,

: I have a question on Oracle Report 6.

: When report A generate an output PDF file to harddisk, the entire PDF (say
: 5MB) can be written to harddisk at once. That means when I see the PDF in
: my harddisk, the report was already finished and the PDF file size is 5MB.
: But in report B, the output PDF just incremented in the harddisk before the
: entire report is finished. That mean I can see in my harddisk the PDF file
: size is increasing gradually.

[Quoted] : Is there any report parameter to control this behaviour?

No idea, but the report itself may make a difference, depending on the logic it uses.

Some reports can be generated and displayed one page at a time. Perhaps when saved to disk you would see the pdf file getting larger one chunk at a time.

Some reports need to scan through all the data before any pages can be displayed. In that case the entire file would likely be written at the end of the process and appear to turn up on disk all at once (so to speak).

$0.04

--

This space not for rent.