UTL_HTTP and Cookies in

From: Gerald <gcaldwe1_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 07:49:57 -0400

I'm currently running Oracle Server 9.2.0.1.0 .

I'm using utl_http in a pl/sql package to communicate with a Java servlet. The servlet returns a cookie with information I need to extract. I have cookie support enabled, but the cookie table is always empty after sending the request and retrieving the response.

My program follows a similar to below

     utl_http.begin_request(url, POST, version)
     utl_http.set_cookie_support(true)

     utl_http.set_header

     utl_http.write_text

     utl_http.get_response
     utl_http.get_cookies

     utl_http.get_cookie_count().  -- this conines to be zero

    The cookie count continues to be zero and the cookie table is always empty.

    I'm able to display the information in the response header as well as      the information in the response.

I wrote a small java application to perform the same request to the servlet, and I'm able to retrieve the cookie from the URLConnection established to the servlet.

Can some one provide any ideas why UTL_HTTP is not retrieving the cookies?

Thanks
Gerald Received on Wed May 04 2005 - 13:49:57 CEST

Original text of this message