Re: Version control of Oracle Stored Objects.

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 4 Mar 2005 20:01:10 -0800

Lig wrote:
> Andy :
>
> - VSS Integration only has copy locally; The compilation of the code

> takes place on the Server.
>
> - Developers can check in and check out code.But f they dont do
it,who
> am I to blame for incorrect code creeping in?
>
> Instead , if I can force them to use VersionControl,then I can audit
> changes.
>
> Imagine a situation where I checkout a package and start to edit it.
In
> the process, if the package on the server is changed, I try to get
the
> version again from the server, will this version not be newer to the
one
> I have?
>
> Correct me if I am wrong.Am I missing something here ?
>
> Cheers
> Lig

It has been my understanding that Visual Source Safe should disallow more than one copy of a file to be checked out, local copy or not. That being the case how on earth do you end up with two or more editable copies of a file?

I'd investigate why this occurs and put a stop to it at once, by ensuring all developers use VSS as it's intended. Several good suggestions to ensure compliance have been given you; use any or all of them to help fix this mess.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Sat Mar 05 2005 - 05:01:10 CET

Original text of this message