Re: mod_plsql LOGMEOFF -- how does it work?

From: Thomas Kyte <thomas.kyte_at_oracle.com>
Date: 4 Mar 2005 17:37:05 -0800

[Quoted] In article <4KudnYNUZqcXObXfRVn-sQ_at_comcast.com>, Mark C. Stock says...

>when user mod_plsql, appending LOGMEOFF to a DAD clears the browser's
>credentials
>
>does anybody know how this is done (what HTML headers might be sent?)??
>
>i need to do this in a non-oracle PHP app, and i can't find any references
>to how this is possible without having the browser prompt for new
>credentials, yet somehow mod_plsql is accomplishing it
>
>++ mcs

flashback to a time long long ago....

I wrote logmeoff :)

http://asktom.oracle.com/~tkyte/owarepl/doc/dbauth.html#logoff

don't try to use the code there (was for the old OWS 2.1 version -- before iAS 10g, iAS 9i, owas 4.0, owas 3.0 there was ows 2.1 and 2.0 and ois 1.0. this dates back that far...)

--
Thomas Kyte
Oracle Public Sector