Oracle reports 10g and stored proc (ref cursor)

From: <joet11_at_comcast.net>
Date: 3 Mar 2005 10:24:19 -0800

Hi;

[Quoted] We are looking at switching to Oracle Reports 10g from Crystal reports. [Quoted]  I am trying to migrate one of the Crystal reports. The Crystal report [Quoted] gets its data input by calling an Oracle stored procedure (existing in [Quoted] the DB) which returns a ref cursor.

I'd like to use that same stored procedure to feed the Oracle report. However, I can only find documentation which describes how to save a [Quoted] procedure into an external library via the Oracle reports functionality. Then attach that external libray to other reports.

I don't want to do that as there is no need to create it again. I simply want to call the existing stored procedure which already exists [Quoted] in the DB and returns a ref cursor.

Any help on how this can be done will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Joe Received on Thu Mar 03 2005 - 19:24:19 CET

Original text of this message