hsodbc on Oracle 8.1.6?

From: Alistair Frith <alistairf_at_cristie.com>
Date: 24 Feb 2005 08:11:04 -0800

[Quoted] We have a customer who needs to connect their Oracle 8.1.6 database to an ODBC data source and drag data from this source onto Oracle.

I gather this can only be done with hsodbc and I also gather that this component is not available on 8.1.6! However, I've also heard from someone else that it's available on 8.1.0 onwards and I've seen a post on this forum (from 2002) from someone who appears to have it installed on 8.1.6.

Does anyone know for sure whether hsodbc is available for Oracle 8.1.6 on hpux and if so, where can I find it?

Thanks In Advance,

  • Al.