java in forms

From: youtz <youtz_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Feb 2005 02:11:06 -0800

Hello,
I'm new to including java beans into my forms. Here is what I'm trying to do :

I have two bean area items.
On when-new-form-instance I register my beans.

FBean.register_bean('RESEARCH',1,'java.awt.TextArea'); FBean.Enable_Event('RESEARCH',1,'keyListener', true);

FBean.register_bean('RESEARCH2',1,'java.awt.TextField'); FBean.Enable_Event('RESEARCH2',1,'keyListener', true);

On each bean area item I put a WHEN-CUSTOM-ITEM-EVENT handling key released event.

Here are my questions (I know it's a lot) :

  1. It works fine with the java.awt.TextArea but not for the textField, why and how make it work ?
  2. Is there some other beans that I can use (easier to handle) ?
  3. Is it possible to implement the TextArea so that it's constructed without the scrollbars ?
  4. Any other idea or better way to capture each key typed in a field ?

thank's a lot for you help. Received on Thu Feb 24 2005 - 11:11:06 CET

Original text of this message